How to recover AOL email account password?
America Online is well known among the people since years. AOL still delivers on free email addresses along with alert when you have unread messages in your inbox. When you open and access AOL email account, you will find that it doesn’t have any many tools. America online will not have functions as the best free email services we tested, the only advantages is it is easy to use.
Users cannot directly import social media contacts into their address folder. Users can’t create alias accounts to help protect their identity. One of the main disadvantage is there is no message translator. What AOL Mail does for users us, it does well. American online mail has unlimited inbox storage. With the new user interface, you can also create custom folders inside your inbox and store your messages
Steps to recover AOL password
As standards for online security continue to tighten, passwords have become ubiquitous. As you might be having number of user id’s and passwords, you may be forgetting some of them, and your AOL Mail login is no exception. Remedying the situation is fairly easy, though. Before starting the process, we recommend to check your browser .The existing versions of most internet browsers come with auto filled feature, you might have noticed it before entering user name and password the first time on a password protected website; you can save the login information if you are not interested to enter the details again and again each tie when you wish to access AOL email.
Have you saved your login credentials like your username and password as mentioned in the above paragraph? Your browser might fill in the password field automatically for you if you have done so. If you double click on the Password field; any matched passwords will be displayed on the screen and you can choose one from them. Or else, you can check your browser’s help site to look where your password is saved in your settings, steps to retrieve it Password recovery process is same across all browsers.
Don’t worry if you haven’t saved your password in your browser or if you have forgotten it, you can reset it using AOL’s password reset process.
Want to know how to do it? Then go through below given AOL mail’s password reset process
Like many other portals, AOL has moved away from password recovery process. AOL has developed easy procedures to reset password.
- In the first step, you have to go to the AOL Mail login page.
- Choose login or Join button and hit on it with the cursor.
- Enter your AOL username and click on next
- You can see “Forgot password” option, click on it and go ahead for next step.
- Enter your user name and click on next. Type in the phone number associated with your account, mobile number is the one you entered when you created it.
- Now Click Next.
- Now you must verify your identity, for this AOL requires a verification code.
- The verification code will be sent to you by text or a phone call. It is upon your interest to choose whichever method you prefer.
- Enter the code in appropriate column and click on next option.
- Type the new password that you would like to use.
- Finally save it.
- Try to login with new user name and password.
How to recover AOL password using email ID
Now you also can choose to receive an email to reset your password, prefer this mode when registered mobile number is not available with you.
- Choose recover using email ID option and hit on select a reset link to my recovery email address.
- Hit on next option, your selection will prompt the system to send an email to the address you provided as an alternative when you signed up for AOL Mail.
- Hit on “ Close”
- Now open your alternative email account, search for the password reset message from AOL. You can see in a mail which comes with a subject line something like “Request to reset your password.”
- Hit on the Reset Password button or link in the email.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter a new password and then save your details.
There is also another password reset method which involves answering the security question which you have created while setting up your account. In order to start the process, choose “Answer security “question and type your answer to the question asked. Hit on next option and if your answer is right, you will see the box in which you need to enter your new password. Do and click next.
After completing any one of the above mentioned procedures, we hope you will be able to log into your AOL Mail account using your new password.
Hoe to remember your password?
In case of more number of mails or user account, It is common for anyone to forget passwords. Instead of keeping a handwritten list or trying to rely on your memory, try to consider preserving your passwords in a password manager. A number of options are available to save passwords, right from storing them in your browser to downloading third party programs.
Follow these tips while creating your account to create secure passwords
- Keep the below given points in your mind while resetting your password.
- Don’t keep easily traceable password.
- Try to keep a longer password because the longer is your password, the more is its strength.
- Void using the letters that are next to each other on your keyboard. Don’t use the letters that follow some obvious pattern.
- Don’t use the same password that you use on another site. Make each password for each site unique.
- Never ever dare to create passwords using your personal details like name, date of birth etc.
- Don’t forget to change your password from time to time.
Hope this article will help you a lot if you are with an intention to reset your AOL email account password, or if you are looking for tips to generate strong password.
Check here more detail about www.hotmail.com login